Ultra Moist Banana Bread
- 1 salad bowl€ 8.90 on Amazon
- 1 whip18.90 euros on Amazon
- 1 sieve€ 5.99 on Amazon
- 1 ovenTOP 6 ovens on Marmiton
- 225 g 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 310 ml 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas with a fork (3 to 4 bananas)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Butter a 23 x 13 cm (9 x 5 in) loaf pan with a capacity of 1.5 liters (6 cups) and line it with a strip of parchment paper, letting it hang over two sides.
- In a bowl , combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Reserve.
- In another bowl, combine the bananas, coconut milk and lime juice.
- In a third bowl, cream the butter with the sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg, vanilla and mix until the mixture is smooth. At low speed, fold in the dry ingredients alternately with the banana mixture; distribute the dough in the pan. t
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the dough comes out clean.Bake
- Let cool on a rack before unmoulding and slicing.
You don't recognize the taste of coconut milk in this recipe: if you use it, it's to make the bread even softer. Once the can of milk is open, the rest can be frozen. If you don't have some on hand, you can substitute the coconut milk and lime juice with 125 ml ( ½ cup) of sour cream.